We are a small team of professionals who share a love of the church and have a deep desire to participate in what God is doing in the world. We believe that the best way we can do this is through utilizing our gifts and talents in the area of digital technology and marketing to help mission-driven organizations improve their impact. We work with clients ranging from small, rural churches to multi-million dollar businesses and non-profits.
- To actively lead the design and development team on the planning, development, and launch of website projects.
- To collaborate with a passionate team committed to equipping our ministry partners with energy and integrity.
- To engage our clients (non-profit, church, and social enterprise leaders) with humility and creativity, attentively discerning their ministry goals, and developing websites and WordPress tools that meet their needs.
- To dream and develop new tools to meet the needs of mission-driven organizations.
- A+ people skills.
- You must be a self-starter. We value creative independence and trust our team to deliver their best work to our clients without nagging reminder emails.
- Experience with Genesis framework a big plus.
- WordPress development experience. We want to see a portfolio of at least 3 sites you have built on your own.
- Participate in design and development meetings with the SCP Design and Digital Missioning teams during business hours (Central Standard Time).
- Lead clients through the design, development, and launch of WordPress websites.
- Vett, develop integrations, and customize WordPress plugins to meet the needs of our clients.
- Configure SSL certificates and other network-based security functions for client websites.
- Work will start at the end of February with a trial project where you work with the SCP Design and Development team.
- Amount of work will vary depending on how busy we are. We expect that the applicant will work on 4-5 two-month-long projects throughout the year (probably about 10 hours of work a week during an active project).
Pay will be commensurate with experience.